Applications are now closed
- have 501(c)(3) nonprofit status
- be based in and serve New York State
- file form 990 or 990-EZ, not a 990-n postcard
- have at least one paid employee
- K-12 schools, institutions of higher education, government agencies, fiscally-sponsored groups, and advocacy organizations are not eligible to apply.
- HNY will strive to make at least one grant award in each of the state’s 10 regions.
- HNY will prioritize support to organizations:
- with core humanities missions.
- that extend HNY's geographic reach across the state.
- with annual operating budgets of less than $500,000.
- that serve and are led by members of communities traditionally under-resourced in the humanities.
To apply for an HNY grant, register through the Grant Portal link above, where you can also resume an application, view your awards, or submit final reports.
- The application may take approximately one hour to complete. Proposals will not be evaluated for polished writing or perfect grammar.
- Preview the application here; gather required information.
- Register and complete a grant application in the Fluxx Grant Portal.
- Attach a 501(c)(3) incorporation letter and a recent 990 to the application.
- If awarded, an active DUNS number must be submitted before the award can be distributed. If you do not have or know your DUNS number, click HERE for more information. Because a new DUNS number request can take up to two weeks to complete, we recommend that you apply now.
Apply by end of day, May 15, 2020 for consideration. Applicants will be notified via email of the Grant Review Committee’s decision by June 15, 2020.
Funding for these grants has been provided by the National Endowment for the Humanities as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act economic stabilization plan.
This new grant opportunity complements the NEH CARES act funding opportunity, which offers relief grants of up to $300,000 to many larger organizations across the country and in New York.
Please take a moment to write your Member of Congress thanking them for CARES act funding and urging them to include more in further relief packages.