This grant awards organizations up to $25,000 to join a cohort of peers that serve formerly incarcerated individuals and their families. The Post-Incarceration Humanities Partnership aims to:
- Recognize the importance of these organizations and their work
- Introduce and explore humanities-based techniques to programming through workshops and discussion
- Hold regular cohort meetings so that grantees may learn from their peers' experiences and engage with new resources that may further their shared goals
- Be a New York State organization, municipality, or tribal government
- Provide documentation of tax-exempt status
- Submit application via the HNY grant portal, Fluxx
- Have a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI)
- Show a match of at least 50% of requested funding with cash and/or in-kind support in the project budget
HOW TO APPLY AND DEADLINES
- November 1: Application preview published on this webpage; registration in Fluxx encouraged
- December 1: Application opens in Fluxx
- January 4, 5 p.m.: Application deadline
Decisions will be communicated by the end of February.
Applicants may schedule a phone call with an HNY staff member using the calendar on this page to discuss a proposal idea or to follow up on a past decision.