- Connect audiences more deeply to the communities where they live and work.
- Solidify community partnerships and diversify audiences.
- Creatively employ the tools of the humanities to respond to issues and ideas capturing the imagination and passion of New Yorkers today.
To apply for an HNY grant, register through the Grant Portal link above, where you can also resume an application, view your awards, or submit final reports. For assistance, you can view our How to Register tutorial, make an appointment with our grants team using the calendar on this page, or email us.
As the impacts of COVID-19 continue to unfold, Humanities New York is adapting to circumstances with the flexibility and transparency that the moment requires. HNY staff is happy to work with applicants as they navigate the contingencies of the virus, making projections about dates, venues, and/or online platforms. The Grant Review Committee will evaluate proposals with the ongoing public health crisis in mind, fully aware that cultural organizations across New York State face an unprecedented situation.
Eligible grant projects may be in-person, virtual, or both, so long as the project retains its public-facing orientation. HNY understands that securing dates and venues is difficult at this time, and that event dates are subject to change. To that end, we ask that you share the best available details when you apply. You may address your Covid-19 contingency plans in the appropriate field of the application. Should your proposal be awarded and you need to change the grant period, you can request a grant extension at any time.
As always, should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out by email to [email protected].
There will be 3 Action Grant deadlines for projects starting in 2022:
- October 1, 2021 deadline for projects starting January 1, 2022 or later: This is a special HNY SHARP Action Grant round. HNY SHARP Action Grants offer up to $10,000 for the implementation of humanities projects. No match is required. View the HNY SHARP Guidelines for more information.
- February 1, 2022 deadline for projects starting May 1, 2022 or later: Up to $5,000 for the implementation of humanities projects. 1:1 match required. Refer to the regular guidelines below.
- June 1, 2022 deadline for projects starting September 1, 2022 or later: Up to $5,000 for the implementation of humanities projects. 1:1 match required. Refer to the regular guidelines below.
Por favor revise este documento en su totalidad para aprender sobre nuestro programa de subvenciones, incluyendo fechas límites y requisitos de elegibilidad, entre otras consideraciones adicionales. Para adquirir una solicitud en español, envíenos un correo electrónico a [email protected].